What's This About?

My ordinary day to day life. Thoughts and musings on the realities of my existence.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Old Post Revisited

Came across this little snippet saved as a draft. Thought you might like to see it:

______________________________________________________________

So, let me ask you...

How many pairs of pjs should the mom of a sick one-year-old have? At least 6 according to my last count.

I actually ran out of clothes on Sunday night/Monday morning. No more t-shirts, no more yoga pants, no more pj tops or bottoms. Yet my wee one's vomit continued. His stomach didn't give a rat's patootie that my entire closet was empty. Well, I wasn't about to wear my dresses or blouses to catch his ickiness, they don't count.

Or do they? There comes a point when you've gotta wear something, anything. The criteria very quickly changes from "Do I care that it might get stained?" to "Does it smell like baby puke?" If the answer is "No" then it qualifies as something to wear while helping the little one through his illness. With the new criteria established the possibilities are almost endless... formal dresses, hubby's closet, old maternity wear...

No comments:

Post a Comment