What's This About?

My ordinary day to day life. Thoughts and musings on the realities of my existence.

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Last night we ate at Morton's, a very nice restaurant in Scottsdale. Very nice being an understatement. My lamb chops cost $46 and a cup of coffee was $9! The menu being 'a la carte' meant that all sides, appies, etc had to be ordered separately. Yikes! I cringe to think of what our bill came to.

The lamb was absolutely delicious though. I don't know how I ever thought I could be a vegetarian. I really enjoy meat - especially lamb, chicken, turkey and beef. My poor bod felt a little abused though this morning - too much meat clogging my insides I think. So I've eaten an apple and some yogurt with a bit of cereal on it to help my system get going again. Tonight I think I'll try a veggie meal and see if I feel better tomorrow. Oh... this is why I tried to become a vegetarian!!! To feel better. Ah-ha!

Have you ever read "The Hungry Caterpillar" to a child? The caterpillar hatches, then begins to eat some nice yummy healthy food, then the caterpillar goes berserk and eats everything under the sun and makes itself ill. Then it eats a nice green leaf and feels better before making its cocoon and turning into a butterfly. While I don't think that I'll turn into a butterfly after eating my equivalent of the green leaf, I'm positive that I'll at least feel much better!

Just as a little 'aside' I thought I'd mention the name Morton again. Throughout the meal I kept thinking to myself, "but what is the honourable Miss Morton to us when Elinor is right here?" Lines from Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility kept popping into my head throughout the evening. I had the sense though not to open my mouth and let the quotes jump out. Can't wait to get home and play the movie... it may even be in the player already waiting for me.

Well, we're off to the thrift store this morning, so I'd better go and get ready. Maybe I'll find something cute to take home. I'd really like to find some souvenirs for the boys. Some sort of really interesting toy, or maybe a new DS game. I'll have to try to check out a toy store while we're shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment