What's This About?

My ordinary day to day life. Thoughts and musings on the realities of my existence.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Wasting My Time

Today is one of those magical days that unexpectedly appear from time to time. I have the unexpected luxury today of not having to go in to work.

Yesterday's hard work paid off: I had gone in to the office for a few hours in the morning (with both boys too!) and worked from home in the afternoon. After dinner I scooted in to the office again to drop of the work I had done. So after doing a bit of work from the house this morning, I don't need to go in to the office at all today!

Aaaah, I can stay home.... time to relax. I switched on the TV and began watching a cooking program, flicking to a decorating program when the ads came on. Then I heard the sweetest sound - baby Andy cooing from where he was playing nearby. What was I thinking by wasting my time watching the TV? How could I possibly waste this precious day and not make the most of my time with Daniel and Andy?

Click! Off went the TV and I got down on the floor to have some playtime with Andy. We played a couple of little games. He's now having his morning nap and I'm trying to figure out what activity I can do with both boys when Andy awakens. I think a nice walk with the stroller and then some time in the back yard will be a lovely way to spend the afternoon.

I'm definitely not letting this day waste away!

1 comment:

  1. Happy to hear that you got a nice day at home with the boys. I hope you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete