What's This About?

My ordinary day to day life. Thoughts and musings on the realities of my existence.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Bathtime

My sweet little Andy loves his baths! Much to my surprise after a night of very little sleep, today I have enough energy to give him a bath after breakfast. He’s a little overdue and smelling… shall we say… a little ripe. This coming from a mother who is olfactorily impaired (I have difficulty smelling things).

After a long stretch of being ill, I’m beginning to feel like we’re getting back into a bit of a routine. The usual routine involves giving Andy his bath twice a week as instructed by our doctor. The reason behind this is that we don’t want to dry out his skin by constantly washing away his natural body oils. I also add a little bit of baby oil to the bath to replenish any oil washed away. The result is a mixed blessing – Andy smells fantastic, even to me, but his hair always looks unclean.

After the usual routine of washing his hair and giving him a quick wash I let him play for quite a while. I sat on the edge of the bathtub, within arms reach of him, and enjoyed watching him kick and splash and play with the rubber ducky and green toy boat. His giggling and laughing were contagious, I couldn’t help but laugh along with him and clap whenever he made a really big splash. We haven’t had this much fun together during bathtime for quite a while. I wish that the camera had been handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment