What's This About?

My ordinary day to day life. Thoughts and musings on the realities of my existence.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I Think My Coat is Getting Larger

To my pleasure and dismay I think my clothes are getting bigger. Or could it be that I'm getting slightly perceptibly smaller? All this fruit and veggie munching and carb avoidance might just be paying off. The minimal efforts to exercise might be helping too.

Sounds great. Most people would be very pleased. However, I just splurged and bought a LOT of new clothes during the holidays. One of my new skirts is already in danger of falling off when I stand up and my new jacket, which when purchased was a little on the smallish size is now beginning to fit quite nicely. Not to mention the jeans, worn maybe 4 times, are now hanging off me like rhinoceros skin. Can you hear the exasperated sigh?

But in keeping with my bonus-be-gone theme relating to the previously mentioned splurge, I'll rectify the problem with a little more retail therapy! Minimal retail therapy though. #1: I don't know how much weight I'll lose and #2: I don't want to load up my wardrobe with clothes that are going to be too big in the near future. Listen to me! Don't I sound like a windbag? My clothing dilemma is really just a blip in the grand scheme of things. I'm feeling, and sounding, rather shallow and superficial by being honest and putting my thoughts down in writing.

Frankly, I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to think of my situation. Is being diabetic a blessing in disguise? Will being diagnosed with a serious disease be what it takes to make me take my health seriously? Apparently. How sad that I couldn't motivate myself before this point. But, as I sit here looking at a picture of my two boys, I know deep in my heart that they're the ones I've got to do this for. Shortening my lifespan by 15 years is just not an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment