What's This About?

My ordinary day to day life. Thoughts and musings on the realities of my existence.

Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday Whine Session

I often don't discuss my workday with Daryle in the evenings. Usually, my reasons are: I don't want to burden him with my problems, I don't feel particularly keen to relive unpleasant parts of my day, or I may simply not want to hear his input. Sorry dear, but we have very different approaches to solving issues.

Last night when I attempted to explain my typical silence regarding my workday, my comments were met with a "you just can't understand the need to get a load off your shoulders." Quickly followed by Daryle storming out of the room and not speaking to me since then. Hold on, this wasn't an attack on how he deals with his daily stresses, I was simply trying to be honest by explaining my own situation. To clear the air I monologued out in the living room trying to further explain myself. Mistake. As you may have guessed, this was a very one-sided conversation. Insert sarcasm here: Heaven forbid that his eyes and attention be taken away from Ice Road Truckers to have an adult conversation with me.

Okay I'm done now. I could ramble on ad infinitum, but even I wouldn't be able to tolerate my whining.

1 comment:

  1. Men just don't understand. It's okay to vent, we all need to once in a while.

    ReplyDelete