What's This About?

My ordinary day to day life. Thoughts and musings on the realities of my existence.

Monday, January 23, 2012

And the Verdict is...

Blood sugar level average over past four months was a bit high at 6.9, but everything else checked out fine. Kidney function was fine, cholesterol was fine, iron was on the low end of normal, red blood cell count fine, white blood cell count fine... what else was there? I don't recall.

Recommendations: keep following my new eating habits, keep exercising, take a calcium and an iron supplement, come back again in six months for blood work. Can stop pricking my finger unless I want to monitor the impact of a certain food. Keep up the good work! Take this seriously now and avoid the potential terrible consequences of full blown diabetes later.

He questioned my rapid weight loss, asking if I was on a fad diet. Nope, I eat almost constantly. Fruit and veggies, just avoiding rice, potatoes, pasta, white bread and other processed items.

Keep on keepin' on. I feel fantastic. Once in the mindset, treating yourself well is easy.

1 comment: