What's This About?

My ordinary day to day life. Thoughts and musings on the realities of my existence.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My Computer is Beginning to Sprout Wings

Really. It will need them when I either hurl it out the window or over the side of the Alex Fraser Bridge. Something is wrong with it - seriously wrong. After about 10 minutes of operating it restarts with no warning. No opportunity to save what you're working on, complete an online transaction or simply close any open programs. Black. The screen turns black.

So, I contacted my trusty computer guy - Ian. He's fantastic. I think we'll just turf our old computer and get a new one with all the new bells and whistles. Or at the very least, doesn't restart every few minutes. He's given me a quote for two different systems. I'll have to do a little bit of research to determine which will be my best option, but I think I'll go with the one that has twice as much memory as the other. Just need to verify compatibility issues for some of my programs.

In the meantime, keep your eyes peeled if you're in the Delta area and be careful driving under the Alex Fraser Bridge. There may be a computer headed your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment