What's This About?

My ordinary day to day life. Thoughts and musings on the realities of my existence.

Friday, May 21, 2010

Date Night

What to do? I'm not sure. However, I do know that Daryle and I need to spend some time together. I've made arrangements with my sister to watch Daniel. But,  then what?

Hopefully I'll be home a little early this evening. I'll quickly whip up dinner, feed Daniel, then send him downstairs to visit with his Auntie. We're pinching pennies at the moment, so I need to think of something inexpensive or even free. Maybe we'll just go for a walk or go have coffee and desert somewhere.

Many years ago, we never had a problem trying to figure out something to do together. We'd go for a drive, watch a movie, meet with friends, walk on the beach and so on. Why am I so stumped? It could be that I'm so sleep deprived that my brain's just in survival mode - not in creative/romantic couple mode. Am I ever in that frame of mind these days? Nope. Hence the need for date night.

Let's see. I could pick up a favourite snack for each of us, 3 Muskateers chocolate bar for Daryle, Hawkins Cheesies for me, then we could go for a drive down to White Rock and take a walk along the beach and out along the pier. Perhaps even stop for an ice cream on the way back. Should bring back some nice memories and give us plenty of time to chat without a lot of distractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment