What's This About?

My ordinary day to day life. Thoughts and musings on the realities of my existence.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Facebook Rant

I'm considering removing myself from facebook. It seems like such a waste of time and I find myself feeling ticked-off with people I don't even keep in touch with. Perhaps I should de-friend all the people from my past that I don't have any involvement with anymore, just keep the very few that I'm close to and of course family members. Maybe I just shouldn't let it bother me at all and get on with living. I love to see photos of friends I do keep in touch with so I don't want to miss out on that.

I feel hurt when old schoolmates de-friended me. I don't know what I've done to cause them to de-friend me and perhaps they're just cleaning house and don't feel the need to keep in touch anymore. Who knows?

I've even found that it has soured gifts that I've treasured all these years. For example I've had a Christmas tree decoration from KH from probably grade 9. She has just de-friended me on facebook and I feel rather hurt. What the hell!? Tempted to dig out the Christmas decorations and chuck her present in the bin. Take that! Like she could care less; but I don't want to see the decoration again - what's the point? I certainly don't want a reminder of her on my Christmas tree ever again. Sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment