What's This About?

My ordinary day to day life. Thoughts and musings on the realities of my existence.

Friday, June 4, 2010

What an Excellent Dinner!

"If I don't have any timeouts today can we go out for dinner tonight?" Daniel asks, trying out his negotiating skills as we leave the house this morning.

"Sure, but if you have a timeout, you'll have to make dinner for me." What a mean mom I am. But I'm quite determined not to cook dinner now that he's put the idea into my head. Regardless of Daniel's behaviour during the day I won't be preparing a meal. Sweet. However, I'm optimistic that he'll do well as this is his own idea, his own bargaining.

Hours later when Daryle and Daniel arrive home; a crying Daniel climbs out of the truck. Daryle explains that Daniel's quite upset that he'd had TWO timeouts at daycare. Oh well, no dinner out tonight. We explain that he can try again tomorrow, but of course that's not what he wants to hear. Pouting and quite angry, he stomps down the hall to his bedroom. I can hardly keep from laughing. He's so cute when he's ticked off.

After he's calmed down, I remind him that he'll be making dinner for me. Soon I'm sitting down to eat the most delicious bowl of cereal I've ever had. What a great kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment